Thursday, November 20, 2008

Moved to NC for Better Medical Care

I moved to North Carolina from Florida a little over a year ago specifically for UNC Hospital. I wanted the very best care for my daughter who has cystic fibrosis, a progressive chronic illness that affects her lungs and digestive system. UNC Hospital has one of the largest research centers for cystic fibrosis and there are numerous studies going on for new treatments for this disease that currently has no cure. At the time of my move, UNC Hospital at Chapel Hill had eleven pediatric pulmonologists on staff--that is a tremendous number for any hospital. The move for my family has been well worth it.

My daughter, Megan, is getting the best care that I could find and nothing could be more important to me than her health. I believe that she is doing as well as she is because of the care she is getting here. The doctors and nursing staff have been wonderful and really listen to us. We are an integral part in her care. The hospital school has also allowed Megan, despite her numerous long-term stays, to keep up with her education. She would never have been able to move to the next grade without the tutoring in her hospital room.

UNC Hospital gives so much to its patients and their families. It affects us all. If we have not personally used the hospital and their services, we know a neighbor, family member, or friend who has. The hospital would not be able to do all it does for us without the donations that the public so generously provides.

Thank you UNC Hospital for caring so much for us all!

Wendy Willis
Parent of a child with cystic fibrosis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home