Thursday, November 20, 2008

Help the Children

I am a senior in high school, and have been coming to the UNC Children's Hospital for three years. My freshman year of high school I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. The Children's Hospital has become an important part of my life and my family's life since then. After several hospitalizations and many outpatient visits, I can attest that the money raised helps make life easier for many children. Having been in the infusion room on many occasions the comfortable seating and entertainment makes a long day much easier to handle.

I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Sandy Kim helping me manage my disease. She spends many hours caring for patients and researching GI disorders particularly Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis to find new treatments and hopefully a cure one day. Donations made to the North Carolina Children's Promise will help children fighting many different diseases have a place that puts children first. It has meant a great deal to me to have a place to come with people who are so dedicated and work so hard to make my life and many others life as normal as possible. Please make your pledge so all the people at UNC Children's Hospital can continue to do this special work.

Mary Beth Tripp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home